Like all providers of personal financial services, tax professionals are required by law to inform clients of their policies regarding the privacy of client information. Our firm adheres to professional standards of confidentiality that are even more stringent than those required by law. The only nonpublic personal information we collect is information that you provide to us or information that we obtained with your authorization.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures might include providing information to our employees or, in limited situations, to unrelated third parties that need the information to assist us in serving you. In all situations, we stress the confidential nature of the information being shared.
We retain records that relate to our professional services to better serve your professional needs and, in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. To protect your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with professional standards.
Personal Identification Information
Web Browser Cookies
How we use collected information:
Dever & Company may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize the user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
- To process Tax, Accounting, and Payroll information.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners or trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance With Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Dever & Company
822 4th Street, Suite C
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
This document was last updated on December 29, 2012.